Pursue a career in nursing after completing a 12 month program and passing the PN Licensure Exam. Develop skills needed to perform duties such as taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medication, and ensuring patient comfort. Applicants must take TEAS Entrance Exam. The PN Program begins in August and runs through the end of June annually. State and nationally recognized, this program is the right step to your future.
Practical Nursing Program
Pursue a career in nursing after completing a 12 month program and passing the PN Licensure Exam. Develop skills needed to perform duties such as taking vital signs, collecting samples, administering medication, and ensuring patient comfort. State and nationally recognized, this program is the right step to your future.
Virtual Financial Aid Office
The JDRCC Virtual Financial Aid Office is here to assist you in planning and preparing for your future. It is our mission to help you with any financial aid questions you may have and be there for any problems you may have along the way. Follow the link below to see the available options and assistance JDRCC has for you.
Student Aid Calculator
Early Financial Estimate
Use our Net Price Calculator as a guide to assist in early financial planning for college. This calculator will provide a preliminary estimate of federal, state and institutional aid eligibility, to help families gauge what aid the student may be awarded and to make arrangements to cover the cost of attendance.
Glassdoor Job Listings
Find the job that fits your life. Find the right job, research companies, compare salaries, and apply to jobs all on Glassdoor.
Linked-In Job Listings
Join Linked-In, and find the right job or internship for you. Find the people who can help, and learn the skills you need to succeed in the industry.
Indeed Job Listings
Indeed helps people get jobs: OVER 14 million stories shared. Search jobs sites, newspapers, associations, and company career pages.
Fundamentals of Nursing Nutrition
Family Living Obstetrics
IV Certification in conjunction with LPNAO
Social Sciences Mental Health
Eligibility Requirements: How To Prepare For PN School At JDR4
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Successful completion of pre-admission examination
3. Stable physical and mental health; physical required
4. Sincere interest in providing health care
5. Must pass drug screening and criminal background check
Students in High School:
Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, Advanced Math, and any Health Occupation Classes
PN Program Course Objectives
Upon completion of the Practical Nursing Program, the graduate will:
1. Access basic physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the client.
2. Collect data from available resources, including client, family, health care records, health care team members, established protocols, and guidelines.
3. Document collected data accurately and concisely.
4. Use effective communication when reporting and recording client observations to the appropriate health care professional.
5. Protect the client and family’s rights to privacy and dignity.
6. Utilize knowledge of normal values to identify deviations in health status.
7. Assist the client and significant others in the normal expected stages of growth and development from conception through advanced old age.
8. Provide safe and effective care and comfort for the client, according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
9. Provide care to clients within the Practical Nurses scope of practice, collaborating with health care team members to coordinate delivery of nursing care.
10. Facilitate the client’s ability to cope, adapt AND/or problem solve situations related to illness, or stressful events.
11. Administer medications and monitor clients receiving parenteral therapies.
12. Develop nursing care plans utilizing established nursing diagnoses for clients with common, well-defined health problems.
13. Prioritize nursing care needs of client.
14. Recognize the client’s potential and initiate preventive measures for complications related to treatments, procedures, or existing conditions.
15. Modify nursing approach based on evaluation of clients response.
16. Seek guidelines as needed in evaluating nursing care.
17. Revise nursing care plan utilizing criteria established in collaboration with health team members.
18. Instruct client, based on client’s needs and nurse’s level of knowledge, about health promoting and disease preventive practices, and early detection of health.
19. Comply with the scope of practice as outlined in Licensed Practical Nurse Practice Act of West Virginia.
20. Describe the role of the Licensed Practical Nurse in the health care delivery system.
21. Demonstrate responsibility for continuous personal and professional growth and education.
22. Recognize personal potential and consider career mobility options.
23. Demonstrate the ability to evaluate oneself for the purpose of improving work performance.
24. Subscribe to the essential components of the nurse’s code of ethics.
25. Function as an advocate for the health care consumer.
• Physician’s Offices
• Geriatric Centers
• Nursing Homes
• Rehabilitation Centers
The Admission Policy provides a record of the requirements and procedures necessary for an applicant to qualify for admission. The requirements are in accordance with the admission requirements recommended by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nursing. Applications will be taken throughout the year and you will be notified by phone regarding the testing date.
Please obtain an Admission Packet in the JDRCC Main Office:
Application Policy Handbook Reference Sheets (x3)
At the end of the program the students will be eligible to sit for the LPN Licensure Exam.
Clinical to take place at Weirton Medical Center, East Liverpool City Hospital, Weirton Geriatric Center, The Stone Pear Pavilion and Calcutta Health Care.
Estimated Cost: $7,473.00 | Review Included
Kathy Dray, Financial Aide Officer
304-564-3337 ext: 116
Northern Panhandle Workforce
Ohio Workforce Systems
Stafford Loans and Pell Grants
PN Program Cost Breakdown
Includes NCLEX Test: $285.00-$350.00 (Depends on the State of Licensure) ATI Review throughout year and $100.00 toward on-site review.
*Pre-Admission/Application Fee: $25.00
*Pre-Entrance Exam: $45.00
*Finger Print: $34.00 (approx.)
*Review on Site: $100.00
Lab Fee: $35.00
HOSA Dues: $10.00
Books: $800.00 (approx.)
Uniforms: $126.00 (approx.)
Watch with second hand
Passport Picture $ 10.00
Nursing Pin $ 47.00
Total: $ 57.00
TOTAL APPROXIMATELY EXPENSES FOR PN TRANING AND LICENSURE: $7,473.00
*All fees that will need to be paid prior to the first day of school as required for admission into the PN Program.*
Physical which includes a drug screen is your responsible prior to the first day of school. You cannot attend school without this.
NOTE: THIS IS AN APPROXIMATE COST. PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
1st Time Exam Pass Rate
School of Practical Nursing
Instructor & Office Hours
Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
Contact to Schedule Appointments
What Our Students Say
Graduating the PN Program at JDRCC allowed me to work full-time while I pursued my dream to become a Registered Nurse. I couldn’t have done it without this program!
Completing the Practical Nursing Program was one of the hardest things I have ever done, and it was more than worth it. My job now allows me to better provide a better life for my children.